Semaglutide Prescription Weight Loss
Are You Ready to Lose Weight?
Reduce hunger, food craving and body fat with a pill or injection.
You may not have heard of semaglutide, though you may have heard of its brand names Ozempic, Wegovy and Rybelsus. Originally developed to help with type 2 diabetes, semaglutide has been clinically proven to increase weight loss by reducing hunger, food craving, and body fat. Unanimously approved by the FDA in 2017, semaglutide has been used since then to help people lose weight and keep it off.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take insurance?
Unfortunately, most insurance companies do not pay for our healthy weight loss program medications. We have had some success with prior authorizations and if these programs are deemed appropriate for you we are certainly willing to try following your visit. Below you will find the option of a compounded semaglutide weight loss drug if you dont have insurance or your deductible is too high this can be a great alternative way to get started.
Where is the best place to start for weight loss?
A healthy diet and regular exercise should be a part of your weight loss treatment plan. If you are still struggling to lose weight, semaglutide might help. Come in for a consultation and we'll determine if they are a good fit for your health and diet plan.
Is semaglutide safe?
The semaglutide drug Ozempic was approved by the FDA in 2017, and Rybelus was approved in 2019. They've been shown in randomized clinical studies to help people lose weight. However, they shouldn't be taken by children under the age of 18 and should only be taken under medical supervision.
How soon can I expect results?
A recent study found that patients on semaglutide lost 10.6% of their body weight in 20 weeks, followed by another 8% of their body weight in an additional 48 weeks, so long as they continued to take semaglutide. Previous studies reported 15-20% body weight loss over 68 weeks.
Are there side effects?
As with any medical treatment, there is always a chance of minor side effects. In some patients, semaglutide can cause minor, temporary symptoms like nausea and diarrhea.
Studies have demonstrated that Semaglutide reduced appetite, improved control of eating, reduced food cravings, and improved glycemic control. The greatest weight loss benefits were observed when Semaglutide is used in combination with lifestyle changes, which Reflections Health Spa will reinforce with the help of provider counseling and a nutrition plan.
- Supply is for a 2mL vial prescribed to you if deemed medically appropriate
- The vial size is 2 mL while the dosing/concentration changes after the second month.
- A typical dose is 10 units injection for week 1 and then the dose is titrated as needed weekly.
- This medication does require a visit (Telemedicine or Office). TELEMEDICINE IS CURRENTLY FOR RESIDENTS OF THE FOLLOWING STATES :
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, D.C.
- The Telemedicine visit is $60 and will be billed separately every 3 months or as a provider visit is needed.
- Although we want to help everyone allocation is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Patients may pre-buy to secure allocation and will receive a full refund if not medically appropriate.
The product must remain refrigerated and local pickup is recommended.